What Is The Best Roofing Company in 2023?
If you’re looking for the best roofing company in 2023, there are several steps you can take to ensure you find a reliable and trustworthy contractor. Start by asking for recommendations from friends, family, or your local Homeowner Association (HOA).
Additionally, research roofing contractors in your area by checking directories, reading reviews on online platforms like Angi or HomeAdvisor. It’s crucial to verify that the contractors are licensed, insured and bonded. Once you’ve narrowed down your list, schedule consultations with at least two or three contractors. Do this so you can compare their services, credentials and pricing. During the consultations, ask for references and inquire about their experience, insurance coverage, warranties and safety practices. By taking these steps, you can feel confident in your decision to hire the best roofing company for your project.
So what’s changed in 2023? There are some pretty major shifts in roofing over the last year that you should be aware of. These changes might affect the type of company you hire to fix or replace your roof.
Supply chain issues
For starters, supply chain issues have become commonplace due to rising material costs and a shortage of labor. Unfortunately, these problems are expected to persist this year, as suppliers and manufacturers struggle to keep up with the demands of the market. As a result, roofing contractors may face challenges in taking on new projects. To address this issue, the Better Business Bureau recommends that roofing businesses communicate more frequently with their existing supply network or seek out new suppliers to ensure a steady supply of materials.
In addition, with the rising costs of energy, many people are seeking ways to save money and installing solar panels is becoming an increasingly popular solution. The government is also introducing measures to make solar panels more affordable, which is expected to drive up the number of solar panel installations in 2023.
So, how do you choose the right roofer for your project and budget? In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the steps you need to take to find and hire a trustworthy roofing contractor.
Step 1: Ask for Recommendations and Check Credentials
Before you start looking for roofing contractors online, ask your neighbors, friends, or Homeowner Association (HOA) for recommendations. If someone you trust has had a positive experience with a roofer, that’s a good sign that they’re reliable and competent. Additionally, check your area’s roofing contractor requirements and directories to ensure that the contractors you’re considering are licensed, insured and bonded. You can also find reviews of roofing contractors on websites like Angi, HomeAdvisor, and Yelp.
Step 2: Schedule Consultations and Compare Bids
Once you’ve narrowed down your list of potential roofing contractors, call two or three of them to schedule consultations. During the consultation, the roofer will inspect your roof, identify any issues and provide you with an estimate. It’s important to get bids from multiple contractors so that you can compare prices and services. Be wary of contractors who give you an estimate over the phone without inspecting your roof in person.
Step 3: Check References and Qualifications
Before you sign a contract with a roofing contractor, check their references and qualifications.
You can request contact information from previous clients to see how their experience was firsthand. Additionally, make sure that the roofing contractor meets the following qualifications:
- Experience: Choose a roofer who has been in business for several years and has experience working on roofs similar to yours.
- License: Check that the contractor is licensed to work in your area and that their license is up-to-date.
- Insurance: Verify that the contractor has liability insurance and worker’s compensation insurance to protect you from liability in case of accidents.
- Bonding: Ensure that the contractor is bonded, which means that a bonding company has money available to a consumer in case they need to file a claim against that company.
- Written estimate: Get a written estimate from the roofer that includes the scope of work, materials to be used, labor costs and a timeline for completion.
Step 4: Understand the Services a Roofer Offers
Roofing contractors offer a range of services, from inspections and repairs to replacements and installations. Before you hire a roofer, make sure you understand what services they offer and which ones you need. Here are some common roofing services that contractors provide:
- Roof inspections: Roofers can inspect your roof for leaks, damage, and wear and tear, and provide you with a report of their findings.
- Repairs and maintenance: Roofers can fix broken shingles, seal leaks, clean gutters, and perform other maintenance tasks to extend the life of your roof.
- Installation or replacement: If your roof is beyond repair, a roofer can install a new one for you. They can also help you choose the right materials and style for your property.
- Weatherproofing: A reputable company will ensure your roofing system can protect your home against all elements.
Cambie Roofing is a roofing and drainage company that specializes in residential, commercial and industrial projects. They adhere to the Roofing Contractors Association of British Columbia (RCABC) standards and their risk management policies comply with WCB regulations. With over 75 years of experience in the industry, Cambie roofing has developed expertise in handling complex projects and overcoming unique challenges. Contact us today for a free quote.